It has always been my dream to go to America and I wanted to go this summer, for a month and stay with my best friend and some of her family, but then there was a bridge i needed to cross – mum – i needed £700 plus for a plane ticket and I had it all planned out.
1. I’d use money from my birthday money (We get to spend £300 on gifts) and xmas too for the next 2 and a half years
2. I’d be staying with my best friend and her family – no hotel
3. I’d use the rest of my birthday money this year £150 to save up. I’d give up my social life and I’d even go to work with my dad for all of June.
4. I’d only be gone a month and so I could be back in time for when they leave for Italy.
Mum’s answer – NO! In truth, she said that we didn’t have the money and she said that if she could she would. she then told me to talk to my grandmother and the thing is, i don’t know the woman as much as i’d like to to outright ask her for £700+
My mum keeps telling me to chase my dreams and take leaps of faith, but when i do, i always get a no and my confidence gets crushed quicker than a bug on a windshield.
I would work, I used to as well, but I do a VERY demanding university course and I barely have time to sleep let alone work at the same time.
I just wanted to go to America so much and my best friend and I have been talking about doing it since we were 14! I thought that now that i’m 18, going on 19, that i could go, but my granddad passed away, which meant that my nan decided to be a tight assed bitch and not help us, instead spending money on herself and no we don’t have enough money to do the things we want to do.
SO my summer this year will be at home with the animals for 4 months.
I give up, i really question why i dream big or wish big because it ain’t ever gonna happen. I don’t think I have ever been so downheartened or upset at a dream being crushed. I could literally start balling my eyes out right now.
I know i’m sounding selfish and childish, but it has been the biggest dream of mine since i was 14! I finally gather up the courage to ask and it’s deflated. I just want one good thing to happen in my life, please, is that so much to ask?
- New Year’s Resolution Time, Follow Your Dream! (realgoalgetter.com)
- America: Land of my dreams and home of the Whopper (zainabkhawaja.wordpress.com)
- Hi, this must be your knife in my back… (keepbeingstrong.wordpress.com)
- How to save money for traveling (pursuit-of-life-satisfaction.com)
- Saving Money: Easy Way to Save Money Challenge (momgenerations.com)
- Happy 150th Birthday USA! (ellendyke.wordpress.com)