“For in every adult there dwells the child that was, and in every child there lies the adult that will be.”
Today was one of those days that really made me remember many aspects of my childhood that I had missed and loved to have back. Today was the first day in a long time that I spent all day with my family with no arguments, at least not directed at any of us and there was no problems and my sister didn’t get lost, which is a big thing for her.
Today we went to the Warner Bros. Studios to see the Making of Harry Potter and it brought back the small 7-year-old little girl inside of me. Harry Potter has been a big part of my life for 10 years and it was a big part of my childhood. It brings back a lot of memories for me because I grew up with them and so it is the little things that made me smile, such as seeing how small Harry Potter was in year one and that he is as tall as me now, but what really made me smile and go back to my childhood was the boxes of Chocolate Frogs that they were selling with the little cards inside them. It brought back so many memories of when I used to get them after school while I was in Primary School. I felt like I was a little kid inside and for three hours today, I was that little 7-year-old girl again.
It’s the little things in life that bring back the biggest memories. Every time I hear the song ‘Animals’ by Nickleback it reminds me of my first music concert and the rush I got from staying up late to hear one of my favourite bands. Every time I stand outside my best friend’s house, I think about my first kiss and every time I look at any of my gothic clothing, I remember the time I turned gothic at 14 and I have never looked back.
So enjoy the little things in life as they will bring you the biggest memories because even the smallest things hold the biggest meanings. For me, it was the Chocolate Frog that today brought back many happy childhood memories. It is surprising me how much something I thought I had lost years ago brought back so much joy to me.
I really enjoyed today and it is days like these that will stick in my mind forever because they are so much fun.
Enjoy life to the full and make the most out of life. Memories are precious and stay with you forever.
“Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age. The child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies.”
- 5 of Our Favorite Beauty Features From the Ladies of Harry Potter (bellasugar.com)
- This real castle was used for Hogwarts in Harry Potter movies [Amazing Photo of the Day] (dottech.org)
- J.K. Rowling Says She May Return To The World Of ‘Harry Potter’ (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Harry Potter Themed Picture Frame (cutoutandkeep.net)
- Are you into Harry Potter? (eslschoolforenglish.wordpress.com)
- Harry Potter is over – or is it? (utsandiego.com)
- “Tom Felton broke my heart” – Emma reveals the secret scandals of the Harry Potter film set (mirror.co.uk)
- Life Lessons You Can Learn From Children (mryoungscholar.com)
- “A child can teach an adult three things: (georgiemathew.wordpress.com)
- Youth Sports- Prepare the Child for the Path, Not the Path for the Child (strengthcoachblog.com)