I find that the one problem with being off of school for so long is that I get quite bored quite quick and in this post I would like to help people by trying to give ideas on how to combat such boredom because the truth be told, bored can come no matter what you are doing. So here are a few things that I have found combat such boredom:
- Write – I did this during christmas of 2008 and I have been doing it since. It is a way of letting out your creative side and you can be doing it for hours if you get the creative “bug” as I call it.
- Dance – Even if you can’t dance, just dance. Let your body just move and get rid of all of that tension.
- Sing or listen to music – It will relax you and open your mind a little.
- Meet up with friends – Go out and enjoy the place that you live in or catch a bus to an attraction.
- Read –Reading broadens the mind and there is always a genre that you will like or many.
- Watch TV – I know it sounds boring, but once you find something that you like, it won’t be.
- Work out – Working off some of that excess tension is good for you.
- Go to the park – If the sun is shining, go and enjoy it. Get out at least once a day.
- Create a hobby – Do something that interests you and that you know will take up a lot of your free time.
- Spend time with family and friends – You don’t know how long you will still have them.
I find that through boredom, the most interesting things about yourself come alive. I was never one to have that good of an imagination, but I have found that through sheer boredom, that I actually do have a good imagination as well as a good ability to write stories. I just wish I had a good ability to combat my shyness and self confidence issues…if only.
“The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.“
- How to Overcome Boredom (lifehack.org)
- Education Expert Challenges Top Rated School Districts With 21st Century Program Aimed at Tackling Issue of School Boredom; Claims Boredom is a Mental Health Issue (prweb.com)
- Anatomy of Boredom (waldina.com)
- Gadgets That Can Help Ease Your Husband’s Boredom on Thanksgiving (redenvelope.com)
- Fighting Boredom (lifehappens3.wordpress.com)
- How to Enhance your Boredom (thedailytravesty.wordpress.com)
- Do You Eat Out of Boredom? (mariaslastdiet.com)
- Creatively Bored (shoosmita.wordpress.com)